CONSULTANCY & STRATEGY - high level help for brand creation, brand development, marketing strategy, product and brand positioning and creative process.
Mel Henson, founder and owner of Words that Sell and author of 'Flicks & Clicks' is available for to advise on iimproving sales through better strategy and creative work. Scroll down to see some recent projects:
DONALD RUSSELL Mel worked with Donald Russell from the start, helping it grow to the multi-million pound business it is today. Mel introduced many of the concepts that still underpin the brand today including:
- Key brand positioning around values of taste and flavour (rather than health, animal welfare, Scotland) and the emotional benefit of 'Happy Meals'.
- Positioning the brand as being for
every day eating, despite the premium pricing and expensive cuts,
traditionally associated with special occasions.
- Guarantee - You've Never Tasted Better which became a byword not only for the marketing material but a badge of pride for everyone working in the company from the butchers and chefs to the packers and call centre staff.
- Tone of voice for the copy, which incorporated passion, expertise and the joy of good food.
LOVE MY DOG is the UK's leading designer dogwear. Mel has been working with the brand for over three years, helping to create a new website and develop a clear positioning for the brand. Among the innovations for LoveMyDog were
- Creation of a strapline - Canine Couture designed by Lilly
- Introduction of fashion collections, each one named after street names close the the studio
- Creation of a persona for Rabbit - the studio muse
- Certificate of Authenticity for all products, to enhance exclusivity and hand-craftsmanship
of data capture such as birthday treat to collect names.
This is now reapking rewards by growing an in-house database which
receives a regular email newsletter.
MUDDY PUDDLES - Creating brand values & style setting of original copy www.muddypuddles.com
SHOP.COM - Style setting copywriting to establish a UK tone of voice to set the website apart form the US parent site. http://uk.shop.com
REALTALK - Developing a USP and positioning in the marketplace www.realtalkuk.com/